Monday, February 6, 2012

{don't} stress

I remember it like it was yesterday.  My sister had to get married.  Quickly.  After all, her fiance had to get back to Iraq.

Now, five years later, as I look back at the rush to plan and throw my sister a wedding, I remember the phone calls from both my sister and my mother.  The phone calls: filled with stress in their voices.  How can you possibly put together a wedding with just a few weeks' notice?  But they did.  And my sister was a beautiful bride, in a beautiful gown, in a beautiful church surrounded by beautiful family and friends.

So, as I reminisce about that day, I want you all to know, when stress gets in your way: it too shall pass.  Take a breath.  Throw your head back.  Laugh.  xoxo Alisha


Ashley and Jeremiah, March 3, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment